Alaska Psychological Services accepts most insurance coverage and bill as a courtesy to our patients.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield. (We are preferred with our local Premera Blue Cross)
- Moda Health.
- Lifestyle Health Plan
- United Health Care
- Unions’ Trust Fund various insurance administrators.
- Tricare; all of our providers are contracted with Tricare in support of our military and their dependents.
- Medicaid/Denali Kid Care.
We do not accept Medicare whether it is a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd insurance and you will not be able to schedule with this office if you have Medicare.
Comprehensive Mental Health Assessment
Referrals are not needed for your initial assessment with our Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners.
You will however, be asked to pay your deductible amount (if applicable), copayment or coinsurance at the time of your appointment. If you do not know what your copayment or coinsurance is, please give the information on your insurance card to our staff when scheduling your appointment and we will be happy to call and find out for you.
Referrals are required for testing as no insurance will cover this service without establishing medical necessity.
Many insurance companies require preauthorization for testing services and our office will complete the required forms to submit and obtain authorization.
Most commercial insurance companies consider testing a “specialist” type service so it is imperative the office have your insurance information so that we can find out how your insurance will consider payment for testing services.
Testing is billed at an hourly rate and depends on the age of the patient, amount of records to be reviewed, and complexity of the clinical concerns.
What is included in these testing hours?
The testing day is billed by the total number of hours for completion, including;
- Administration of tests; (the actual time the patient is in the office working face-to-face with the doctor)
- Scoring the tests
- Interpreting the data/results
- Report writing including diagnostic clarification and treatment recommendations.