- 1-2-3 Magic, Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 – Thomas W. Phelan
- Parenting the Strong-Willed Child: The Clinically Proven Five-Week Program for Parents of Two- to Six-Year-Olds, Third Edition – Rex Forehand
- Go To Your Room! Consequences That Teach – Shari Steelsmith
- Putting Children First: Proven Parenting Strategies for Helping Children Thrive Through Divorce – JoAnne Pedro-Carroll, PhD
- A Parent’s Guide to Raising Grieving Children: Rebuilding Your Family After the Death of a Loved One – Phyllis R. Silverman, Madelyn Kelly
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk – Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
- Queen Bees and Wannabes – Rosalind Wiseman
- When Your Child is Cutting: A Parent’s Guide to Helping Children Overcome Self-Injury – Sony Patel
- How Do We Tell the Children?: Helping children understand and cope when someone dies – Dan Schaefer, Christine Lyons
- Healing Your Grieving Heart for Kids: 100 Practical Ideas – Alan D. Wolfelt
- The Invisible String – Patrice Karst
- Tear Soup: A Recipe for Healing After Loss – Pat Schwiebert
- When Dinosaurs Die – Laurene Brown
- When Someone Very Special Dies (workbook) – Marge Heegaard
- Please Explain Anxiety to Me – Laurie E. Zelinger & Jordan Zelinger
- The Bipolar Bear Family: When a Parent Has Bipolar Disorder – Angela Holloway
- Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew, by Ellen Notbohm
- Our FAScinating Journey: Keys to Brain Potential Along the Path of Prenatal Brain Injury, by Jodee Kulp
- The Best I Can Be: Living with Fetal Alcohol syndrome or Effects, by Liz Kulp
- The Optimistic Child: A Proven Program to Safeguard Children Against Depression and Build Lifelong Resilience, by Martin E.P. Seligman
- How to Raise Emotionally Healthy Children: A Parenting Guide, by Gerald Newmark, PhD.
- Positive Discipline for Preschoolers, by Jane Nelsen.
- Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline: The 7 Basic Skills for Turning Conflict in Cooperation, by Rebecca Anne Baily.
- Why do they Act That Way?: A Survival Guide to the Adolescent Brain for You and Your Teen, by David Walsh PhD.
- The Primal Teen: What the New Discoveries about the Teenage Brain Tell Us About Our Kids, by Barbara Strauch
Special Needs Resources
- Learning Outside the Lines: Two Ivy League Students with Learning Disabilities and ADHD Give You the Tools for Academic Success and
- Educational Revolution – Johnathon Mooney and David Cole
- Autism – www.autismspeaks.org
- Special Education Service Agency – Anchorage, Alaska – www.sesa.org
- The Daring Way – Brene Brown
- Ted Talk – “The Power of Vulnerability” Brene Brown
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are – Brene Brown
- Happiness: Learn How to be Happy and Love your Life – Karen Shields
- When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron
- Grief’s Courageous Journey: A Workbook – Sandi Caplan
Alaska Crisis Line
National Parent Helpline
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Offers parents effective discipline strategies.
Describes the developmental stages of children.
Has tip sheets on child development and effective discipline.
Offers teens information and a quiz to help build healthy relationships. Provides suggestions for how to talk to a friend who is in an abusive relationship and explores options for how to get help and safety planning.
Provides prevention education to address bullying and peer aggression
Provides information about a number of mental health concerns including depression, loss and grief, and substance abuse as well as other teen issues such as friendship.
Addresses a wide range of teen health concerns including cutting, tattoos, sexual health, personal safety, and diseases.